Re: ARSENOKOITHS/ARRENOKOITHS

From: Steven Craig Miller (scmiller@www.plantnet.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 19:35:20 EST

<x-flowed>To: Jeffrey B. Gibson,

JBG: << Using the TLG D Disk, there seems to be only one certain pre NT
usage of ARSENOKOITHS. And that's Oracula Sibyllina` Oracula 2.73 ... >>

  SCM: << You may very well be correct, but according to the 3rd edition of
TLG's "Canon of Greek Authors and Works" Oracula Sibyllina is dated from 2
BCE to 4 CE ("2 B.C.-A.D. 4"). Are you certain that this Oracle dates
before the mid-1st century CE? >>

JBG: << I set my search dates to cut off at the second cent CE and the date
listing that came up for **this** instance in OS was 2 BCE. >>

James H. Charlesworth, in his "The Old Testament [sic] Pseudepigrapha"