Re: Downloadable Greek Text

From: Mark Goodacre (
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 10:46:08 EST

On 11 Mar 00, at 21:34, Mitchell Gray wrote:

> I was wondering if there was any website that has an electronic copy of the
> Westcott/Hort text or an edition of the UBS/NA text in Greek fonts. I
> found a copy at but the text is transliterated. I was
> just wondering if there was a copy of the text that has not been
> transliterated but is in Greek fonts that you can download.

You might like to investigate the following selection of on-line Greek
NT texts:

You can get Westcott-Hort at OliveTree, but it's only in the symbol
font (i.e. no breathings, accents or iota subscripts). Likewise our own
Wieland Willker has a Westcott-Hort + NA26 variants, but again no
accents etc. Your best bet might be the late Tony Fisher's Greek
New Testament at but
you can't "download" the whole Greek NT here unless you do it
chapter-by-chapter. So you may have to do a "do-it-yourself" at
Vinzent Broman's site ( but I
am afraid that that can be hard work.

Dr Mark Goodacre
  Dept of Theology tel: +44 121 414 7512
  University of Birmingham fax: +44 121 414 6866
  Birmingham B15 2TT United Kingdom
   The New Testament Gateway
   All-in-One Biblical Resources Search
   Mark Without Q