Re: Semesters in Greek

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 13:10:36 EST

on 03/19/00 9:43 AM, l. j. swain wrote:

> Too often basic level language courses treat language like math.

What about advanced language studies that treat language like math? I have a
copy of R. E. Longacre's, "The Grammar of Discourse" (New York: Plenum
Press, 2nd edition, 1996). This book is the only math text in my whole
library. I have been struggling with some portions of this book. I have not
yet been able to put all the pieces of the "grand theory" together and make
sense out of them. But it is a rewarding process none the less.

Just thought I would point out that the problem you mention is not just
found in basic courses.

Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point
P.O. Box 255 Seahurst WA 98062