Re: A Little TC Help Needed

From: Steven Craig Miller (
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 20:02:55 EST

<x-flowed>To: Theodore H. Mann,

THM: << Would anyone care to suggest some really good beginning texts for
me to read? >>

(a) "The Text of the New Testament" by Kurt Aland and Barbara Aland (2nd
edition; Eerdmans, 1989);
(b) "The Text of the New Testament" by Bruce M. Metzger (3rd edition;
Oxford UP, 1992); and
(c) "An Introduction to New Testament Textual Criticism" by Leon Vaganay
and Christian-Bernard Amphoux (Cambridge UP, 1991).

THM: << Also, is it possible to obtain an English translation of the
introductory material in NA27. My German's not so good. >>

The English translation is provided on pages 44* to 83*.

-Steven Craig Miller
Alton, Illinois (USA)
FWIW: I'm neither a clergy-person, nor an academic (and I have no post-grad