Re: ane What is the lexically proven Aramaic word for Peter

Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 21:05:38 EST

In a message dated 3/23/2000 8:37:06 PM Central Daylight Time, writes:

<< John 1:42 in the Aramaic of the Peshitta lacks any qualification "which is
 The Peshitta simply renders it, " will be called Kepa." >>

Since KYP( is the Aramaic word for "Peter" and for "stone", would that not
have been like saying in English "You shall be called 'Stone' (which is by
interpretation 'stone')? Somehow, I don't think I would translate in that