Re: ane What is the lexically proven Aramaic word for Peter

Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 18:12:12 EST

In a message dated 3/23/2000 1:54:00 PM Central Daylight Time, writes:

 Peter had the name "petros" before joining Christ, Mt 4:18, therefore it is
NOT just another translation of Cephas. If it were then surely in Jn 1:42 it
would be written "you shall be called petros which by interpretation is a

Did he really? Can we believe that the gospels are historically accurate in
that regard when we don't consider them to be historically accurate in other