Greek words for joy

From: vekii (
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 16:50:32 EST

I am an admitted novice in Greek. I have over the years I've been
subscribed to this list learned a lot from all of you. I now have a
rather elementary question I would like to ask. What are the
differences in the meanings of three Greek word groupings dealing with
joy: agalliaomai, euphraino, and chairo? Are they interchangeable, or
what are the subtle differences between them?

Thank you,
Mr. Vivian Kirkpatrick II
Pastor, Hector Church of God