Re: Septuagint lexicons

Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 17:38:27 EST

In a message dated 3/24/2000 2:54:04 PM Central Daylight Time, writes:

 I'm looking to purchase a lexicon for the Septuagint. Could some of you
with more knowledge of the area please suggest some pros/cons on the
Hatch/Redpath and Liddell-Scott works? Or, perhaps there is one I haven't
yet considered. I will be a doing thesis over the coming year with primary
interest in the Hebrew scriptures and would like a comprehensive lexicon to
the Greek rendering of this text. Any input will be greatly appreciated.
thanx. >>

It's been a number of years since I looked at my Hatch & Redpath (or my
Mandelkern) since I left them in storage in California, but as I recall it is
more like a concordance to the LXX than a lexicon. Someone correct me if I
remember incorrectly.