Re: Secret Mark/Jesus the Magician

From: Jim West (
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 14:50:46 EST

At 02:43 PM 3/24/00 +0000, you wrote:
>I was wondering if any conclusion has been reached concerning the letter
>supposedly found by Morton Smith containing the fragment of Secret Mark.
>Is it a forgery? If so, is it a recent forgery or an ancient one? How do
>we know?

It is a non existent piece of fantasy. No one has ever seen the thing
except Smith. Until it comes to light (which it most likely never will) its
a dead issue.

>Also, I was wondering what your opinions are on Smith's book Jesus the

oh well since you asked opinion-- i think it is an extremely silly book with
little substance and lots of imagination. it is not a historical book- it
is a novelette written in order to stir the pot and cause a ruckus. dont
waste your time or your money on it. instead- buy a cup of coffee- you will
be more satisfied and your time will be better spent.

Jim West, ThD