RE: 1Thes 4:4 Can SKEUOS be used as a euphemism for male genitalia?

From: Sam@intercom.es
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 04:00:29 EST

<x-charset iso-8859-1>To Jay Adkins:

I've been teaching Thessalonians for four years to last year's theology
students, and always it's been a difficult passage to me. IMO (that is of no
value, of course) by now is that refers to the body.
But I write this message for another question. Only to tell a curiosity that
happened to me while I was teaching too spanish medieval literature. I found
that a very usual term to designate de body was the word "continente"
continent! that could be a very approached translation of the word SKEUOS.
That is, the fisical part of the person that contains the soul. Its only
illustrating.
My apologies if this consideration is only anecdotic and not scientific at
all.

Samuel Sais
Barcelona, Catalunya