Re: Greek Pedagogy

From: Rodney J. Decker (
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 11:42:35 EDT

<x-flowed>At 02:23 PM 5/24/00 -0700, you wrote:
> When I attended Multnomah Bible College in the 70's, Ed Goodrick
>set up a program that really helped students keep their Greek skills up to
>par. The first semester was a course called an introduction to biblical
>Languages. I am at present trying to find his book Everyman's Greek and
>Hebrew, which developed out of that course. Though this course majored on

This is probably the book later published by Multnomah Press (1976) and
later jointly with Zondervan (1980) as: *Do It Yourself Hebrew and Greek.*

> The second semester was spent translating the whole gospel of John
>using a textbook printed by the University of Chicago press (wire
>binding-I have forgotten the authors). There were exercises in each

Walther, *NT Greek Workbook*--an inductive approach to "first year" Greek.

Rodney J. Decker, Th.D. Baptist Bible Seminary
Assoc. Prof./NT PO Box 800, Clarks Summit, PA 18411
The *Resources for NT Study* site is accessible at: