Re: Curious (Latin)

From: L. J. Swain (
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 17:10:39 EDT

NOt off the top of my head, no. Probably best to ask on Medtext-L or a
list like that.
I will say though that some of your Fs I suspect are S-that odd, tall
Carolingian S with the tongue on the side is often confused with F in
medieval manuscripts and early modern scripts. This makes your
Ampliffimis Amplissimis which would be a Latin word, Confultiffimif
Consultissimis etc. Can you provide a more detailed description of the
item? Any other information on the title page?
At first glance, which I may be embarrassed by later, it looks to be an
award or honor given to D. Adrian Veth of Middelburg. But I wouldn't
bet the farm on it, so I look forward to being corrected by someone who
knows more than I.

Larry Swain