Re: LALEIN - 1 Cor 14:34

From: Peter Clark (
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 03:38:39 EDT

I fully agree with what Marrice says about eisegesis. Perhaps the most
glaring and obvious instance is that of Ambrose (or was it Jerome) wasnting
ADELFOS to be cousins as opposed to ENEPSOS which is in the NT (but is a
hapax I believe).

Or are there other isnatnces of "straining the meaning"?

I should add that I have only recently returned to the study of Biblical
Greek after an absence of some years so please do not hesitate to correct

Peter Clark
Religious and Theological Studies
Cardiff University