Re: NT Greek and LXX Greek Question

From: Maurice A. O'Sullivan (
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 19:39:49 EDT

<x-flowed>At 22:35 02/06/00, Emory Pitts wrote:
>Could this individual, with additional vocabulary, be able to study the LXX?
  Just in the narrow area of grammar alone, you woul need:

Conybear, F.C, and St.George Stock. Grammar of Septuagint Greek. With
selected readings from the Septuagint according to the text of Swete.
Peabody, Mass: Hendrickson, 1988.

and for vocabulary a LXX lexicon; a search on the archives in the past
couple of months will throw up various postings on the subject, each with
their own preference.
My recommendation is:
Lust, J., E. Eynekel, and K. Hauspie. A Greek-English Lexicon of the
Septuagint. Part I A-I Part II K-W . Stuttgar Deutsche
Bibelgesellschaft, 1992-97.

Maurice A. O'Sullivan [ Bray, Ireland ]