Re: Fluency and an Epigraphic Language

From: Norman Swift (
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 07:10:00 EDT

> I have been following this line for quite some time now with a lot of
> amusement.
>Now that I live on the west coast I speak with a
> funny accent. (Have I insulted everybody yet?)
Fer real you have not. As a native Californian I note I'm sipping on
OH-range juice this morning, while my next-door Florida neighbor prefers
AH-ringe. The savant across the street likes OHRNJ juice, the one-syllable
variety. I won't employ more bandwidth to concur further.

Point well taken, Dale, but this has been a very useful exchange, at least
for me.