Off Topic: Bible Versions: Another Question

From: Arthur A. Vanderbilt (
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 16:38:21 EDT

<x-flowed>Hello everyone. I haven't posted yet because I'm a beginner and just
enjoying what I can glean from those of you who are so knowledgeable about
this topic.

I was wondering if anyone had an opinion of the Unvarnished New Testament
by Andy Gauss. Any opinions, either general or completely subjective will
be helpful. I can't find much criticism of this translation at all on the
web and thought this might be a good place to ask. I like it, but would
like to know what people that know much more than me think of it. Feel
free to respond to me personally rather than on the list; if anyone's
interested I can send them a digest of what I hear over the next few
days. Thanks!