[b-greek] Re: Analytical Greek lexicon

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 11:56:30 EDT

on 06/26/00 6:26 AM, Frank W. Hughes wrote:

> I would really recommend not having The Analytical Greek Lexicon or an
> interlinear Greek NT (a "pony") anywhere in your house until you've learned
> Greek.

I like pony's but acutally prefer horses. The horse I liked best when I was
getting started was "The Analytical Greek NT" by Friberg & Friberg. I never
would have learned NT Greek at all without this horse. And then there is
the seven color verb chart which I had bonded in plastic which gives you the
big picture on one surface. This chart has advantages over Friberg since it
shows you relationships.

I still use my Guillemette now and then as well and would not think of
tossing it out since it is a reference tool like any other. It contains
useful information about the forms even if you know what the forms are.

I can understand a NT Greek professor looking down on these tools but if you
keep at your greek for a year or two the use of them dwindles with time. If
you don't keep at your greek then all is lost anyway.