[b-greek] Re: Reasons Not To Study Greek

From: Mark Wilson (emory2002@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 19:52:51 EDT

I guess B. J. Williamson listed the most important reason NOT to learn Greek
(#1), I think one of the main points I would make to your first year class

If you do not know the Greek, to a large extent you are dependent on others.
If you do not know Greek, and a "scholar" says a particular word or phrase
"actually" means this, what can you do?

All you can do is DEPEND on another Greek scholar to refute the erroneous

I just do not like the idea of having to depend on Bibles, translations,
commentaries, and others to know what the Word of God teaches us.

Thank you,

Mark Wilson