[b-greek] NT Gateway, Paidagogos & Tyndale Font Kit

From: Mark Goodacre (M.S.Goodacre@bham.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 12:43:25 EDT

Because of the recent expansion of my Greek NT Gateway
(NTGateway.com/greek), I've decided to draw attention to
some of the newer links on my "Featured Links" page at
http://www.ntgateway.com/featured.htm. One of the new
resources is Paidagogos by Tony Larsson, a nice tool to help
the novice learn the alphabet

I've also drawn special attention to the "Tyndale Font Kit"
assembled by David Instone Brewer. It combines SPIonic
(Scholars Press Greek font), SPTiberian (Scholars Press
Hebrew font) with RTL (right to left) keyboard & added
functionality for SPIonic, e.g. get a theta when you type "th",
or get final sigma, smooth breathings etc. added
automatically. I've spent a bit of time with this kit and am
beginning to get used to it. Those used to using SPIonic will
find it tough at first because several of the key-strokes have
been altered, e.g. H is now a rough breathing rather than an
eta. But I suspect that those who have not used SPIonic
before will find the revisions helpful. I'd be very interested to
hear others' opinions on this font kit. I get a lot of
correspondence asking me about options for fonts and I am
wondering whether this font kit might provide a one-stop
solution for scholars and students. Any thoughts?

Dr Mark Goodacre mailto:M.S.Goodacre@bham.ac.uk
  Dept of Theology tel: +44 121 414 7512
  University of Birmingham fax: +44 121 414 6866
  Birmingham B15 2TT United Kingdom

  The New Testament Gateway