[b-greek] Syntax resources

From: Mark Beatty (marksresearch@hawaii.rr.com)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 01:45:15 EDT

Dear B-Greekers,

I just came upon the following web site (from Linguist list).

http://www.minimalism.linguistics.arizona.edu

This is cutting edge syntactic theory. There are also connections to other
theoretical. I am using the Minimalism framework for my dissertation on
Greek word order and find it to be very helpful.

Just a word of caution. The resources on this page are not readily
digestible or applicable to anything worthwhile. It is the sort of thing
where you find one valuable insight in every 10 (or more) articles. That
insight, however, could be very valuable.

I will make this contribution a little more "relevant" to B-Greek in the
next few days as I submit some comments on Greek word order from the
minimalist perspective.

Sincerely,

Mark Beatty