[b-greek] Re: Discreet vs prototypical categorization

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 12:19:33 EDT

on 10/22/00 3:16 AM, Kimmo Huovila wrote:

> I wonder if you might have misunderstood me.

This is quite possible, since I don't know what exactly you mean by
prototypes. These ideas are a lot easier to understand when we see them
being employed as tools of reading and understanding NT Greek. That is why I
always limit my time studying and discussing "language models" to a very
small fraction of the time I spend actually working in Greek texts. The
"language model" for me is just a means to and end.

Thanks for all the time you put into this tread. It has given me some more
things to think about.