[b-greek] Noun Accenting

From: Matthew Ooten (preacher_wv@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 14:09:29 EST

Hello!

I am beginning to study the New Testament Greek language and have a
question about a word that is used in a book that I am using as a guide.
The book is entitled, "New Testament Greek For Beginners" by J. Gresham
Mahen.

My question is this...in the case of a noun, is the ultima..."pi, omicron,
sigma" ( pos) long or short? He says that the ultima is long, but this
confuses me drastically. Can anyone help? I'm just trying to grasp the
accenting rules before I attempt to move on to any more difficult.

Matthew Ooten
[Moderator note: new list-members: please use full-name signature
below messages in accordance with list protocol. cwc]