[b-greek] "hEWRAKA ISRAHL MONON EN TH IDIA GH" and "EKHRUXAN"

From: Justin Richmond (smckamey@cafes.net)
Date: Sat Mar 03 2001 - 22:36:35 EST

Hello,

  In a book I'm going through to learn Greek, I'm stumped on the phrase
"hEWRAKA ISRAHL MONON EN TH IDIA GH" and cannot figure out what they're
trying to say. I know that "hEWRAKA" means "I have spoken", "ISRAHL" means
"Israel" and is indeclinable, "MONON" means "only" or "alone", "EN" "in",
"IDIA" is some form of "IDIOS" meaning "one's own", and "TH GH" means "the
earth (or land)", but I can't piece together.
  Further on in the paragraph I've come upon the word "EKHRUXAN" which has
gotten me stuck also. I'm assuming it's either perfect or aorist, but
can't find the root.
  Please help,
 Justin D. Richmond