[b-greek] 1 Cor. 1:10 - Perfect Passive Participle - ?

From: Michael W. Philliber (cbaam@netdoor.com)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 10:35:29 EST

Howdy ya'll,

I'm working through 1 Corinthians & hit a snag in 1:10. The word is
KATERTISMENOI. This is a perfect Pass. ptc, that I thought - in context -
meant ''have already been made complete." I then checked it w/ Wallace
(page 418 - where he discusses this word in another context, & 626). I
recognize that sometimes the perfect can be used in a more present sense
(which is how the NIV & NASB have used it), but would it not be better to
have it translated as I have here?

Thanks in advance,

Pastor Michael W. Philliber,
Pickens Presbyterian Church (PCA),
Pickens Mississippi ("Where in all of creation is Pickens?")
"God made the Son of His love to become the object of His wrath, that we who
were the objects of His wrath might become the sons of His love." Eric
Alexander