[b-greek] Hapax legomena

From: Rodney J. Decker (rdecker@bbc.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 16:21:30 EST

<x-flowed>
Can anyone point me to a relatively recent list of "absolute hapax
legomena"? That is, words that occur only one time in the NT and not in any
previous known Greek literature. It's not hard to find a list of "relative"
hapaxes--those that occur only once in the NT, but I'm looking for a more
narrow list. I've read the intro to BDAG, but despite a number of catalog
lists, I don't think they include what I'm seeking--unless I've not
understood the descriptions that Bauer gives.

I have noted that BDAG *sometimes* includes the designation "hapax leg." in
an entry (e.g., EPISUNTRECW), but other times he lists only a single NT use
and no uses outside the NT (e.g., EKPERISSWS--and L&S/Glare is the same).

Rodney J. Decker, Th.D. Baptist Bible Seminary
Assoc. Prof./NT PO Box 800, Clarks Summit, PA 18411
rdecker@bbc.edu http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/
XNS Universal Address: =RodDecker
The *Resources for NT Study* site is accessible at:
http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/rd_rsrc.htm