[b-greek] Re: Acts 7:59

From: HARRYJ (harryj@poczta.onet.pl)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 21:54:45 EST

I would give a different answer to the question posed by Tony, and in fact
the one posed by myself earlier today. Stephen was not praying to Jesus;
normally, we do not 'pray' to someone whom we see at the moment, even he
should be in another world (dimension). That is also why I asked for a poll
on the difference between 'EPIKALEW' and 'PROSEUCOMAI'. Most Polish
translations use the Polish equivavelent for 'pray', which hardly ever
happens in English translations. As the question borders on the problem on
who we should actually pray to, we must stop here, as it is a broader one. I
personally pray to the Father in the Name of the Son; in the Protestant
churches I know here I know here they mostly pray to Jesus.

With best regards
Henryk Jędraszczak
harryj@poczta.onet.pl
Szczecin, Poland