[b-greek] Re: Original NT in Greek?

From: Jack Kilmon (jkilmon@historian.net)
Date: Sat Apr 28 2001 - 17:42:52 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas J. Kraus" <tj.kraus@gmx.de>
To: "Biblical Greek" <b-greek@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Cc: "Thomas J. Kraus" <tj.kraus@gmx.de>
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2001 4:12 AM
Subject: [b-greek] Re: Original NT in Greek?

> the discussion (once it started with a justification of carsten peter
> thiede´s skills and the mutual relationship between p64, p67, and p4)
> to have got out of hand here. I do not want to comment on either thiede´s
> treatment of those manuscripts (or the failed identification of 7Q5 as
> 6:52-53) or other aspects involved in that quarrel.
> but I wonder what john n. lupia´s motivation might be for argueing in a
> harsh and rude tone against jack kilmon!? however, when I started typing
> all that in I received dave washburn´s statement, which I totally agree
> > The nature of the material and the discussion thereof is most
> > interesting, but I think we could all do without these personal pot-
> > shots. I for one would appreciate it if you would confine your
> > comments to the material and refrain from the intensely personal
> > and insulting cracks at Jack (or anyone else for that matter).

John has apologized publicly and privately for being a tad overzealous
in his perception of an attack on Thiede rather than his position. We have
been exchanging private correspondence on a number of issues of mutual
interest and are now the best of buddies. The issue is now closed and
we can return to the wonders of Greek.

Jack Kilmon
San Marcos, Tx

sharing a meal for free.