[b-greek] Reply function in B-Greek mailings

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 06:15:15 EDT

At 8:29 PM -0500 6/27/01, Paul Schmehl wrote:

>Carl, why all of a sudden do replies go to the sender rather than the list?
>I had to reply to all and then remove Barbara's address. (And my previous
>response *was* intended for the list but not of enough consequence to
>repost, I think.)

This is not new--it's at least a year and I think actually considerably
longer than that; we were getting a spate of messages sent to the list that
were actually meant for the original sender alone. You can handle this in
your own list settings easily enough. I use (in Eudora 5.1):
        Reply to all (by default)
        Put original To recipients in CC field, not in To field
When sending an off-list reply to a list member I simply delete the cc field.

cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu