[b-greek] Re: KEFALH, hUPOTASSESQAI, H, AUQENTEIN, OUK ... OUDE

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 06:11:30 EDT

I do not mean to castigate Richard for sending this message to the list
(it's clear that it does concern issues of how the Greek Biblical text may
legitimately be understood) but rather to ask that one of the co-chairs be
contacted prior to the forwarding of such an item to the list. Usually in
the past we have asked list-members to post to the list a note about the
availability of such a document for review and urge interested members to
solicit the document off-list from the person offering the information. We
really would like to avoid, if at all possible, the attachment of documents
to list-correspondence.

At 11:07 PM -0400 7/31/01, Richard Ghilardi wrote:
>Dear B-Greekers,
>
>Recently I received an e-mail from my Pastor asking me to comment on an
>"open letter" he received from a well-known and well-respected leader
>both within and without our denomination. This "open letter" poses six
>questions/challenges to the Egalitarian position. In this case an
>"Egalitarian" is one who believes that the Bible can be interpreted to
>teach that men and women have equal authority to lead and teach in the
>church.
>
>Now I know some of you are thinking that I am about to instigate a
>theological debate. Truly I am not!
>
>Five of the six questions concern Greek grammar and lexicography. I am
>inviting discussion on matters grammatical and lexical only. Because of
>the length of the letter I have appended my abreviated version of it to
>this post. The five questions/challenges center around the five (six)
>Greek words in the subject of field of this post.
>
>You may contact me off-list if you wish to make theological comments or
>if you would like the complete text of the "open letter."
>
>Yours in His grace,
>
>Richard Ghilardi -- qodeshlayhvh@juno.com
>New Haven, CT USA
>Nibai kaurno hwaiteis gadriusando in airtha gaswiltith,
>silbo ainata aflifnith: ith jabai gaswiltith, manag akran bairith.
>
>Attachment converted: Macintosh HD:Kefalh.doc (WDBN/MSWD) (000AA476)

Co-Chair, B-Greek List