[b-greek] 1 Tim. 6:15, 16: God or Christ?

From: Wayne Leman (wayne_leman@sil.org)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 18:04:56 EST

> As far as the referent of 1 Tim. 6:15, 16 is concernend, I think the
> expression FWS OIKWN APROSITON, ON EIDEN OUDEIS ANQRWPWN OUDE IDEIN
DUNATAI
> would make me hesitant to apply this to Jesus Christ because of the
> implications relative to the incarnation but that is a topic for a
> Christology list so I will stop here.

Solomon, in my earlier message I didn't pay enuf attention to the Greek
which Clay has just copied. I agree with what he has just said and withdraw
my earlier comment about my initially stated preference for the referent of
vv. 15-16.

Sorry for not being more careful,
but glad to learn,
Wayne