[b-greek] Re: 2 Cor. 5:10 KOMISHTAI

From: Alan B. Thomas (a_b_thomas@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 15:29:34 EST

> This actually ties into the question of FAULOS. I
> really do not
> understand why BDAG seems to be so "soft" on the
> word. One can
> hardly get the idea of "evil" out of "inferior in
> quality, ordinary."
> When was the last time you deemed something "evil"
> be virtue
> of it being "inferior in quality, ordinary" ?

I would only add that this word FAULOS was used to
describe a person as living a shameful life.
Demosthenes used this term to refer to a worthless

I think "evil" is much too strong for this word in the
GNT. As I see it, this word retained much of its
historical meaning, which I think has led BDAG to the
conclusion you have cited.

Alan B. Thomas

"Unless God provides indisputable, verifiable evidence of His revelation to mankind,
 it must be rejected at all costs...."

Do You Yahoo!?