Next> | <Prev | End
The Barnegat Sneak-Box
This page is not an authoritative reference for the sneak box boat. This web page author has never even seen one. He has no plans to build one--although he has heard of plans, he has never seen plans either. There is no point in sending e-mail with any technical requests. This page simply lists some online resources you may find of further interest.
- Four Months in a Sneak-box: A boat voyage of 2600 miles down the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers, and along the Gulf of Mexico, by N. H. Bishop, 1879 (illustrated HTML by chapter)
- Sneak-box pictures from The Sea Bright Skiff, and other Jersey shore boats, by Peter J. Guthorn, Copyright 1971 by Rutgers University, the State University of New Jersey, 76-152720, ISBN 0-8135-0689-1. [This excellent reference text documents the development of the Barnegat sneak-box (as well as the Sea Bright skiff, the rail-gunning skiff, and other typical New Jersey shore craft). It includes chapters on the gunning sneak-box as well as the forms developed for sail racing.]
- Drawing of rowed sneak-box with spray shield
- Forest and Stream letter, Robert B. White, Shrewsbury, Mass., April 3, 1874
- Rushton's catalog, sneak-box
- Rushton's Portable Boats catalog of sneak-boxes, page 1
- Rushton's Portable Boats catalog of sneak-boxes, page 2
- Rushton's Portable Boats catalog of sneak-boxes, page 3
- Rough water sneak-box close-ups of deck
- Sneak-box bottom, showing planking
- Two sneak-boxes under construction
- Advertising brochure for fiberglas sneak-box
- Barnegat sailing sneak-box, Forest and Stream, January 8, 1885
- Barnegat sailing sneak-box, Forest and Stream, November 22, 1902.
- Plans for same
- Mystic Seaport Watercraft Collection
- Barnegat Bay sneakbox UNNAMED; Designer: Perrine, Samuel; Builder: Perrine, Samuel; Barnegat NJ USA 1910; LOA: 12.0 ft. 1 in. ( 1961.915.0 )
- Barnegat Bay sneakbox UNNAMED; LOA: 12.0 ft. 4 in. ( 1980.124.0 )
- Letter from Sneakbox sailor, 1996-09-30
- Forest and Stream, May 1885, bibliography of American publications on nautical subjects.