farmers find and share information.|
605 N. Birch St.
Kalkaska, MI. 49646
Phone: (231) 258-3305
Fax: (231) 258-3318
Contacts: Russ LaRowe, Executive Director
Membership dues: $25 per year
Michigan's Farm and Country Journal monthly magazine subscription is
included with MASA membership.
700 member organization of farmers and
agricultural professionals committed to improving Michigan's farms through the
development and adoption of sustainable farming practices. MASA works to:
holds field days, workshops and farmer meetings throughout the year to educate
it's members about ways to reduce some of the negative ecological impacts
associated with agricultural production and to farm more profitably. The
Association also participates in the establishment of on-farm demonstration and
research plots, designed by farmers and agricultural professionals to compare
conventional and alternative production methods.
- Increase awareness and educate the public on sustainable farming issues.
- Promote research that will determine the sustainability of alternative
- Aid in the development of sustainable agriculture techniques for use on
Michigan farms, and assist in their adoption by Michigan farms.
- Encourage cooperation between researchers and government agencies for the
development of sustainable farming systems.
- Enhance and preserve Michigan's soil, water and wildlife.
©1999 Committee for
Sustainable Farm Publishing
Please read about our
usage permission policy and disclaimer.
comments, suggestions and questions to the site author:
Coded using HoTMetaL Pro 3.0.
Best viewed in
Please see our credits page
for more information.