farmers find and share information.|
||USDA North Central Region Sustainable Agriculture
Research and Education (SARE) Program|
13A Activities Bldg.
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Lincoln, NE 68583-0840
Phone: (402) 472-0265
Fax: (402) 472-0280
Outreach Coordinator: Lisa Bauer, Communications Specialist
(contact info above)
Mission: To support farmers, ranchers,
scientists, educators and nonprofit groups exploring higher farm profit,
environmental stewardship and/or rural community enhancement by providing
competitive grants to North Central Region institutions, organizations and
individuals for sustainable agriculture research, education and demonstration
Major Activity: Provide grants in three programs:
- Producer Grants to farmers and ranchers for demonstration, education or
research of sustainable agriculture.
- Research and Education Grants to institutions or organizations studying
- Professional Development Program (PDP) Grants to individuals and groups
developing educational programs on sustainable agriculture for Extension, NRCS
and other agricultural personnel.
- Annual Reports of project activity.
- Display on sustainable agriculture for meetings, conferences, etc.
- Speakers Bureau of sustainable agriculture experts for meetings,
- Publications by the Sustainable Agriculture Network (SAN) on cover crops,
sustainable agriculture contacts, sustainable agriculture resources, the SARE
Program, profitable dairying, and others.
- Referrals to other sustainable agriculture groups or resources
©1997 Committee for
Sustainable Farm Publishing
Please read about our
usage permission policy and disclaimer.
comments, suggestions and questions to the site author:
Coded using HoTMetaL Pro 3.0.
Best viewed in
Please see our credits page
for more information.