farmers find and share information.|
9824 79th St. SE
Fullerton, ND 58441-9725
Phone and fax: (701) 883-4304
Contact: Theresa Podoll, Executive Secretary
membershp $35/year (includes newsletter). Newsletter only, $20. Donor
membership categories: $100 (Steward), $150 (Sustainer), $200 (Community
Newsletter: NPSAS Newsletter (quarterly),
$20/year or free with membership.
NPSAS is a grassroots educational
organization committed to the development of a sustainable society through the
promotion of ecologically and socially sound food production and distribution
system in the Northern Plains. We explore and promote:
- Organic production methods and philosophy.
- Marketing systems that retain value in farms and rural communities
- The development of local and regional food systems.
- Good stewardship of land, energy and labor.
- Environmental and social stewardship.
- Just and humane treatment of all creation.
Educational sharing and outreach of farmers to farmers in search of solutions
to mutual problems and concerns has been at the heart of NPSAS events and
publications. Events include a Summer Symposium and Farm Tour and a two
day Annual Winter Conference. Publications include:
- "Switching to a Sustainable System" by Fred Kirshenmann
- "Transitions Notebook" ($27.95 postpaid) and Crazy Musing, poems
by Terry Jacobson ($7.50 postpaid).
NPSAS also offers a resource library of publications of interest to member
©2000 Committee for
Sustainable Farm Publishing
Please read about our
usage permission policy and disclaimer.
comments, suggestions and questions to the site author:
Coded using HoTMetaL Pro 3.0.
Best viewed in
Please see our credits page
for more information.