farmers find and share information.|
Southern Sustainable Agriculture Working Group
PO Box 324
Elkins, AR 72727
Phone: (501) 587-0888
Fax: (501) 587-1333
Contact: Keith Richards
The Southern Sustainable
Agriculture Working Group is a network of approximately 50 member organizations
working for more sustainable agriculture in 13 Southern states. The Southern
SAWG assists family farmers and farm communities to prosper in a healthy
environment by helping to remove technical, institutional and economic barriers
to sustainability. Southern SAWG works to:
The Southern SAWG Annual Conference & Trade Show has
become one of the premier forums for sustainable agriculture in the Southern
U.S. with workshops and round table sessions, farm tours, a showcase of food and
fiber products from sustainable farms, and a trade show of sustainable farm
products & information. The 7th Annual Conference & Trade Show will be
held at the Memphis Cook Convention Center, Memphis, Tenn. on January 15-18,
- Provide forums for the exchange of information between farmers and others
in the agricultural community.
- Enlarge the marketing opportunities for sustainable farmers and assist in
the development of farmer-controlled marketing strategies.
- Advocate for sustainability as a fundamental principle of state and federal
- Redirect land-grant university research and technical assistance priorities
towards sustainable agriculture.
- Build farmer leadership in the sustainable agriculture movement.
- Build capacity of member organizations.
Southern SAWG publications include:
- Farming More Sustainably in the South, Vols. I & II, a continuing
series of booklets documenting the accomplishments of successful sustainable
farmers. $17.50 for set.
- Making It On the Farm: Increasing Sustainability Through Value-Added
Production and Marketing. $12.00. (See
Full Season Farm for a
- Southern Sustainable Farming, a quarterly newsletter that covers issues of
interest to sustainable farmers in the South. $15.00/yr.
©1997 Committee for
Sustainable Farm Publishing
Please read about our
usage permission policy and disclaimer.
comments, suggestions and questions to the site author:
Coded using HoTMetaL Pro 3.0.
Best viewed in
Please see our credits page
for more information.