What's New at
This section keeps PRESIDENT watchers up to date on what we have accomplished and what we plan.
Send comments to PRESIDENT@unc.edu.
Calendar of Events
To jump immediately to the most recent month, select here - What's REALLY
- 1/09/95 - Presentation to the Management Council of the National Archives and Records Administration, Archives II, College Park, Maryland.
- 1/24/95 - Presentation to President
and Mrs. Carter, Jimmy Carter Library, Atlanta, Georgia.
- 3/10/95 - Presentation to the annual convention of the Presidential Sites Commission, Jimmy Carter Library, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Creation of the PresidentS list group for improved communications between the presidential sites community. Managed by PRESIDENT at PresidentS@unc.edu.
- Initiated NTIIAP Round 2 grant application for PRESIDENT and other information services at LIA.
- 4/15/95 - Announcememt of FirstLadies, an IDEA Network of
information about first ladies. Those interested in contacting
FirstLadies can select the image of Frances Cleveland.
- 4/20/95 - NTIIAP Round 2 grant summary sent to Washington.
- 4/20/95 - Partnership with CNN to develop materials out the Reagan Presidential Libraries
- 5/10/95 PS174: Creation of a class at UNC on Presidency and International Conflict.
- 5/20/95 Launching joint project with CNN on Reagan Biography, including CNN support for imrpoving Reagan Library on PRESIDENT.
- Continued development of Carter Library project.
- Continued development of CNN project and Reagan Library upgrade.
- 8/15/95 Briefing of the newly confirmed Archivist of the United States, Hon. John W. Carlin, on PRESIDENT partnership.
- Continued development of CNN project.
- Published Reagan Library update.
- Published Carter Library update.
- 10/6/95 Published upgraded Eisenhower Library.
- 10/8/95 Completed draft of Ford Library.
- 10/18/95 Completed draft of Nixon Materials Staff.
Select here for related Web Resources
- 1/12/96 Completed draft of Truman Library.