Lighthouses of Western Cuba

The largest island of the West Indies, Cuba was a Spanish colony until it was conquered by the U.S. forces during the Spanish-American War of 1898; the U.S. occupation ended officially in 1902. Nineteenth century Cuban lighthouses therefore have Spanish designs, similar to those used in Puerto Rico and the Philippines. One surviving lighthouse, Cayo Jutías, is known to have been built under the U.S. occupation.

This page includes lighthouses of the western half of the island, from Villa Clara and Cienfuegos Provinces westward. There's another page for Eastern Cuba.

Due to longstanding political difficulties between Cuba and the U.S., American tourists had practically no access to these lighthouses for more than 50 years. This is changing now that the two countries have resumed contacts, but it is still true that most of the information available on the Internet has been posted by European or Canadian visitors or by Cuban tourist agencies.

Many Cuban lighthouses are not automated, and keepers are on site at most locations. Some of the stations are staffed by civilian keepers, but some are tightly restricted military posts. In general, the information on the Internet indicates that the major lighthouses, at least, are well maintained.

More information is needed on these lighthouses. If you have information or photos you are willing to share, please contact me.

Aids to navigation in Cuba are maintained by the Ayuda a la Navegación division of Grupo Empresarial Geocuba. The Spanish word for a lighthouse is faro.

ARLHS numbers are from the ARLHS World List of Lights. CU numbers are from the Cuban light list; it is not available online but many numbers appear in the Admiralty's Notice to Mariners of 2012 Week 45. Admiralty numbers are from Volume J of the Admiralty List of Lights & Fog Signals. U.S. NGA numbers are from Publication 110.

General sources
Los Faros de Cuba - Part I
and Part II
Australian lighthouse researcher and author Garry Searle wrote this report in 2005 for the Bulletin of Lighthouses of Australia; we owe special thanks to him for permission to use his photos.
Online List of Lights - Cuba
Photos by various photographers posted by Alexander Trabas.
Lighthouses in Cuba
Photos by various photographers available from Wikimedia.
Leuchttürme in Kuba
Photos posted by Andreas Köhler.
World of Lighthouses - Cuba
Photos by various photographers available from Lightphotos.net.
Phares d'Amérique
Photos posted by Alain Guyomard and Robert Carceller on their Phares du Monde web site.
Leuchttürme Mittelamerikas und der Karibik auf historischen Postkarten
Historic postcard views posted by Klaus Huelse.
Lighthouses of the Bahamas and the West Indies
Historic postcard views posted by Michel Forand.
Faro de Roncali
Faro de Roncali (Cabo San Antonio Light), 2005
photo copyright Garry Searle; used by permission
Cienfuegos Province Lighthouses
*** Río Yaguanabo (Jaguanabo)
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 58 m (190 ft); white flash every 10 s. 34 m (112 ft) round cylindrical concrete tower with gallery and six buttresses, attached to a 1-story keeper's house. Lighthouse painted white. Köhler has a photo, Trabas has Eckhard Meyer's photo, and Google has a satellite view. The keepers maintain a small maritime museum and conduct tours of the tower. This lighthouse is on the coast at the entrance to the Río Yaguanabo, about 40 km (25 mi) southeast of Cienfuegos. Site and tower open. ARLHS CUB-035; CU-0894; Admiralty J5093; NGA 13464.
* Punta de los Colorados (Cienfuegos, Faro de Villanueva) (2)
1901 (E.J. Balbín) (station established 1851). Active; focal plane 25 m (82 ft); white flash every 5 s. 20 m (66 ft) round masonry tower with lantern and gallery, painted white. Two 1-story keeper's houses and other buildings enclosed by a stone wall. A photo is at right, José Ignacio López has a photo, a fine closeup is available, Köhler has a good photo, Huelse has a historic postcard view, and Google has a satellite view. The first lighthouse was destroyed by U.S. naval bombardment during the Spanish-American War, and a temporary light was shown from a mast until the present lighthouse was completed. Located at the eastern entrance to the inner harbor of Cienfuegos, just south of the city. Site open, tower status unknown. ARLHS CUB-028; CU-0895; Admiralty J5094; NGA 13468.
Punta de Pasacaballos (Pasa Caballos)
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 10 m (33 ft); red flash every 4 s. 8 m (26 ft) square skeletal tower mounted on a small equipment shelter. Lighthouse painted red. A photo is available, but Bing has a satellite view. Located on a sharp point of land opposite the Castillo de Jagua in the entrance to Cienfuegos harbor. Site status unknown. Admiralty J5096; NGA 13492.

Punta de los Colorados Light, Cienfuegos, March 2015
Panoramio Creative Commons photo by balepc

Matanzas Province South Coast Lighthouses
Cayo Guano del Este (2)
1970 (station established 1909). Active; focal plane 54 m (177 ft); two white flashes every 15 s. 45 m (148 ft) slender round cylindrical tower with lantern and gallery supported by five struts atop a round 1-story keeper's quarters. This unusual lighthouse looks somewhat like a rocket taking off. Erwin Strohmer's photo is at right, a view from the sea is available, and Bing has a satellite view. The original lighthouse, seen in a historic photo posted by the Port of Havana, was a sibling of the Cayo Jutías lighthouse (see above). The cay is a popular scuba diving site. Located at the eastern end of the Banco Jardines reef complex, at the east end of the Canarreos chain, about 100 km (60 mi) southwest of Cienfuegos. Accessible only by boat. Site open, tower open by arrangement with the keepers. ARLHS CUB-001; CU-1006; Admiralty J5102; NGA 13536.
* Playa Girón (?)
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 20 m (66 ft); white flash every 15 s. 18 m (59 ft) water tank topped by a small pedestal. No photo available, but Google has a satellite view. Playa Girón is a beach resort on the edge of the Ciénaga de Zapata (Zapata Swamp) at the south end of Matanzas Province. The area was the site of the Bay of Pigs invasion in 1961, when U.S.-backed Cuban exiles tried unsuccessfully to overthrow the government of Fidel Castro. Note: this light has been dropped from the Admiralty list. Located on the beach near the west end of Playa Girón. Site open, tower closed. CU-0969; ex-Admiralty J5103; NGA 13538.
Cayo Piedras del Sur (2?)
Date unknown (station established 1863). Active; focal plane 13 m (42 ft); white flash every 10 s. 10 m (33 ft) round white fiberglass tower. No photo available, and the light has not been located in Bing's satellite view of the island. The original light was described as a "mast on house." Located on a small, inhabited island about 15 m (9 mi) southwest of Playa Girón. Accessible only by boat. Site status unknown. ARLHS CUB-024; CU-0982; Admiralty J5104; NGA 13524.

Mayabeque Province South Coast Lighthouses
Cayo Monterrey
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 11 m (36 ft); white flash every 10 s. 13 m (43 ft) square skeletal tower with gallery, painted white and mounted on a square platform supported by piles. No photo available, but Bing has a satellite view. Located at the southwest end of reef that extends 10 km (6 mi) from Cayo Monterrey at the entrance to the shallow Golfo de Batabanó. Accessible only by boat. Site status unknown. CU-1160; Admiralty J5160; NGA 13656.

Cayo Guano del Este Light, Canarreos, February 2005
photo copyright Erwin Strohmer; used by permission
* Batabanó (Surgidero de Batabanó) (5)
Date unknown (station established 1847). Active; focal plane 31 m (102 ft); white flash every 10 s. 28 m (92 ft) water tank topped by a small lantern structure. Water tank painted white. No photo available, but Google has a satellite view. The anchorage (surgidero) of Batabanó is connected to Havana by a railway and serves as a port for the capital on the south side of the island. A series of mast-type lists was succeeded by a skeletal tower in 1930 and then by the present light atop the tallest structure in the port. Site open, tower closed. CU-1165; Admiralty J5166; NGA 13647.

Isla de la Juventud (Isle of Pines) Lighthouse
Note: The Isla de la Juventud (Isle of Youth, formerly the Isla de Pinos or Isle of Pines) is a large island about 100 km (60 mi) south of Pinar del Río province. The island is roughly 50 km (30 mi) in diameter and has a population of about 85,000.
Carapachibey (2)
1983 (station established 1949). Active; focal plane 56 m (184 ft); white flash every 7.5 s. 52 m (171 ft) round cylindrical white concrete tower. A photo is at right, Rodolfo Yondreis Quintana Puche has a view from the sea, and Google has a fine satellite view. Locally the lighthouse is claimed to be 60 m (197 ft) tall and the "highest in Latin America," but actually there are several taller lighthouses in Argentina and Brazil. This light replaced lights built on Cabo Pepe, about 15 km (9 mi) to the west. The first Cabo Pepe light, built in 1931, was swept away two years later by a hurricane; its replacement was similarly destroyed in 1944. A Google satellite image shows the site of these lighthouses. The Cabo Pepe station was replaced in 1949 by a 27 m (89 ft) concrete tower at the present location. Located on the southeastern coast of the island. Site status unknown. ARLHS CUB-019; CU-1033; Admiralty J5138; NGA 13580.

Pinar del Río Province (Westernmost Cuba) Lighthouses
La Caloma
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 30 m (98 ft); white flash every 15 s. Approx. 27 m (89 ft) round white water tank. A photo is available, and Google has a satellite view. La Caloma is a commercial port about 20 km (13 mi) southeast of Pinar del Río city. Located on the main quay, on the west side of the harbor. Site and tower closed. Admiralty J5202; NGA 13678.
Cabo Corrientes
Date unknown (station established 1930). Active; focal plane 27 m (89 ft); white flash every 5 s. 22 m (72 ft) square skeletal tower, painted white. No photo available, and the tower is not seen in Google's fuzzy satellite view. Located on the cape, a southwestward prong of Pinar del Río about 50 km (30 mi) southeast of Cabo San Antonio and 10 km (6 mi) south of Maria la Gorda. The surrounding area is a nature reserve. Site status unknown. CU-1190; Admiralty J5212; NGA 13712.

Carapachibey Light, Isla de al Juventud
Creative Commons photo from isladelajuventud-cuba.com
Cabo San Antonio (Faro de Roncali)
1850 (José Pérez Malo). Active; focal plane 31 m (102 ft); two white flashes every 10 s. 23 m (75 ft) round masonry tower with lantern and gallery. Entire lighthouse painted white. Original 1-story keeper's house. Searle's photo is at the top of this page, Raul Gallardo Alvarado has a 2015 photo, another photo is available, Fabio Bretto has a closeup, Trabas has Eckhard Meyer's closeup photo, and Google has a satellite view. An important, historic, and well preserved light station. The lighthouse is named for Count Federico Roncali (1809-1857), the Spanish governor of Cuba during its construction. In 2005 Searle found the lighthouse to be staffed by the military and was not able to tour the tower. The lighthouse is accessible by 4WD via a dirt road running the 80 km (50 mi) length of the narrow Guanahacabibes peninsula. Located at the extreme western tip of the island, overlooking the Yucatán Strait. Site open, tower reported closed. ARLHS CUB-017; CU-0001; Admiralty J4820; NGA 12436.
Cayo Buenavista
1930. Active; focal plane 33 m (108 ft); white flash every 5 s. 30 m (98 ft) square pyramidal skeletal tower, painted white. No photo available, but Bing has a satellite view. Located at the east end of Cayo Buenavista, an island off Mantua. Accessible only by boat. Site status unknown. ARLHS CUB-003; CU-0005; Admiralty J4826; NGA 12460.
** Cayo Jutías
1902 (U.S.). Active; focal plane 43 m (141 ft); white light, 2 s on, 13 s off. 41 m (134 ft) octagonal skeletal tower with central cylinder, lantern, and double gallery, built on a screwpile foundation; original Barbier et Bérnard Fresnel lens. Lighthouse painted with black and yellow horizontal bands; lantern unpainted. Davide Artioli's photo appears at right, Bertolt Graichen has a a good photo, Gerard Sanz has a photo, Emily Muir has a 2008 photo, and Google has a satellite view. This lighthouse is the only survivor of four towers of this class built in Cuba during the U.S. occupation of 1898-1903; it was prefabricated in the U.S. by the Waddell & Hedrick Co. Built at sea level, it is probably endangered by beach erosion. The keeper maintains a small museum and conducts tours of the tower. The light station was recognized as a national monument in 2002. The cay is located northwest of the Bahía de Santa Lucia in Pinar del Río. Accessible by bridge from the nearby port of Santa Lucia. Site open, tower open by arrangement with the keepers. ARLHS CUB-022; CU-0018; Admiralty J4828; NGA 12484.


Cayo Jutías Light, Pinar del Río, July 2004
Flickr Creative Commons photo
by Davide Artioli

Punta Gobernadora (Bahía Honda) (2)
1956 (station established 1902). Active; focal plane 33 m (108 ft); white flash every 5 s. 32 m (105 ft) round tower with lantern and double gallery, painted with red and white horizontal bands. Trabas has Capt. Peter Mosselberger's photo (a version of this photo is at right), Pablo Antolin has a 2009 photo, and Bing has a satellite view. The original lighthouse, a sibling of the Cayo Jutías light, was prefabricated by the Waddell & Hedrick Co. in the U.S. Punta Gobernadora is about 3 km (2 mi) northwest of the entrance to Bahía Honda in northwestern Pinar del Río. Site status unknown. ARLHS CUB-029; CU-0032; Admiralty J4836; NGA 12512.
Punta del Morillo (Cerro del Morillo)
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 27 m (89 ft); two white flashes every 10 s. 8 m (26 ft) square pyramidal skeletal tower with lantern, painted white. Capt. Peter Mosselberger has a very distant view from the sea, and Google has an indistinct satellite view. Located on a steep headland on the east side of the entrance to Bahía Honda. Site status unknown. CU-0033; Admiralty J4838; NGA 12516.

Artemisa Province North Coast Lighthouses
Note: In 2011 La Habana Province was divided; the portion west of the city became Artemisa Province and portion east of the city became Mayabeque Province.
Cerro Frias (Cabañas) (2)
Date unknown (station established 1902). Active; focal plane 53 m (174 ft); white flash every 8 s. 8 m (26 ft) skeletal tower apparently mounted on a 1-story equipment shelter. No photo available, but Google has a satellite view. The original light was described as a mast. Located atop a headland on the west side of the entrance to the Bahía de Cabañas. Site status unknown. CU-0056; Admiralty J4842; NGA 12528.

Punta Gobernadora Light, Bahía Honda, March 2016
photo copyright Capt. Peter Mosselberger; used by permission
Puerto del Mariel
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 41 m (134 ft); white flash every 12 s. 31 m (102 ft) square skeletal tower. No closeup photo available, but a Bing satellite view shows the tall tower. The first Mariel lighhouse (1902) was established on the east side of the harbor entrance. The present lighthouse marks the west side of the entrance, about 40 km (25 mi) west of Havana. Site status unknown. ARLHS CUB-036; CU-0072; Admiralty J4846; NGA 12552.
* Río Santa Ana
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 56 m (184 ft); white flash every 10 s. Approx. 50 m (164 ft) observation room mounted atop a water tank elevated on a cylindrical column. Tank and lantern painted light blue, column white. Searle has a photo, Jaak Geens has a 2017 photo, another photo is available, and Bing has a satellite view. Located on the campus of the Latin American School of Medicine about 20 km (13 mi) west of Havana and a similar distance east of Mariel. Site open, tower apparently open but we have no information on this. Site manager: Escuela Latinoamericana de Medicina. CU-0095; Admiralty J4847.6; NGA 12562.

La Habana (Havana) Province Lighthouses
* Darsena de Barlovento (Marina Hemingway)
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 36 m (118 ft); white flash every 7 s. 8 m (26 ft) square skeletal tower mounted atop a multi-story hotel. Tower painted white. Lightphotos.net has a closeup photo, Köhler has a view from ground level, and Bing has a satellite view. Marina Hemingway is a large resort development and marina, located about 15 km (9 mi) west of downtown Havana. Site open, tower closed. Site manager: Marina Hemingway. CU-0112; Admiralty J4848; NGA 12564.
**** Castillo del Morro (3)
1845 (station established 1764). Active; focal plane 44 m (144 ft); two white flashes every 15 s. 25 m (82 ft) unpainted round masonry tower with lantern and gallery, built on the ramparts of the Castillo de los Tres Reyes del Morro (El Morro Castle). Lighthouse floodlit at night. This familiar landmark of Havana harbor is a symbol of the city and by far Cuba's best known lighthouse. A photo is at right, Trabas has a closeup photo by Carlos María Silvano, Köhler has a photo, another fine closeup is available, Guyomard and Carceller have photos by Chantal Penet, Huelse has a historic postcard view, Forand has a closeup postcard view, Iván Calás has a street view, and the tower is seen in a Google satellite view. The original lighthouse was replaced in 1818 by a round cylindrical masonry tower. The lighthouse is built inside the historic Castillo del Morro (Morro Castle), which has protected the entrance to Havana harbor since 1589. Located on the east side of the very narrow entrance to Havana harbor. Site and tower open daily. Site manager: Parque Histórico Militar El Morro-La Habaña. ARLHS CUB-009; Admiralty J4857; NGA 12580.
Havana Inner Harbor Range No. 1 Rear
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 18 m (59 ft); quick-flashing yellow light. 32 m (105 ft) square pyramidal skeletal tower; the light must have been lowered to the middle section of the tower. No photo available, but Bing has a satellite view. Located in an industrial area at the southeastern end of Havana harbor. Site and tower closed. CU-0138; Admiralty J4860.1; NGA 12592.
Havana Inner Harbor Range No. 2 Rear
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 19 m (62 ft); yellow light, 3 s on, 3 s off. 18 m (59 ft) square pyramidal skeletal tower, painted white. No photo available, but Bing has a satellite view. Located in an industrial area at the southeastern end of Havana harbor. Site and tower closed. CU-0133; Admiralty J4859.1; NGA 12598.

Castillo del Morro Light, Havana, January 2014
Wikimedia Creative Commons photo
by Mariordo

Mayabeque Province Lighthouses
Río Jaruco
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 17 m (56 ft); white flash every 10 s. 10 m (33 ft) square fiberglass tower, colored with red and white horizontal bands. Wilfried Kalinowski's photo is at right, and Google has a satellite view. Located on the west side of the entrance to the Río Jaruco, about 10 km (6 mi) west of Santa Cruz del Norte. Site status unknown. CU-0148; Admiralty J4867; NGA 12612.
Canasí (Arcos de Canasí)
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 125 m (410 ft); white flash every 7 s. 14 m (46 ft) fiberglass tower, colored white with a red horizontal band. No photo available, but Google has a satellite view. Cuba's highest light stands on a high bluff above the beach north of Arcos de Canasí in the northeast corner of La Habana province. Site status unknown. ARLHS CUB-018; CU-0150; Admiralty J4867.5; NGA 12613.

Matanzas Province North Coast Lighthouses
Punta Seboruco (2)
Date unknown (station established 1930). Active; focal plane 35 m (115 ft); white flash every 15 s. 33 m (108 ft) slender round concrete tower with lantern and gallery, painted with red and white bands. Lightphotos.net has a closeup photo, Köhler has a photo, and Google has a satellite view showing the lighthouse standing very close to the beach. The original lighthouse was a 20 m (66 ft) skeletal tower. Located about 8 km (5 mi) north of Matanzas. Site status unknown. ARLHS CUB-034; CU-0151; Admiralty J4868; NGA 12616.

Río Jaruco Light, Santa Cruz del Norte, November 2017
photo copyright Wilfried Kalinowski; used by permission
Punta Maya (2)
1988 (station established 1898). Active; focal plane 34 m (112 ft); white flash every 8 s. 32 m (105 ft) round cylindrical masonry tower with lantern and gallery. Lighthouse painted white. This light station is staffed by the military. A photo and a more distant view are available, Köhler has a photo of the station, and a Google satellite view shows the light station on the beach. A seawall has been built to protect it. A postage stamp has an image of the original Spanish lighthouse. The new lighthouse commemorates the 30th anniversary of the revolution that brought Fidel Castro to power. Located on Punta Maya at the east side of the entrance to the Bahía Matanzas. Site and tower closed: Searle was allowed to take a photo from outside the gate of the military area. ARLHS CUB-032; CU-0152; Admiralty J4872; NGA 12620.
Cayo Piedras del Norte (2)
1857 (station established 1847). Active; focal plane 24 m (79 ft); white flash every 10 s. 19 m (62 ft) round masonry tower with lantern and double gallery, painted white, attached to two 1-story keeper's houses. Guyomard and Carceller have several photos by Chantal Penet, and Google has a good satellite view. In May 2004, Tom Pohrt found the lighthouse staffed by the military; the tower was in good condition but the roof had collapsed on one of the keeper's houses (this can be seen in the satellite view). The original lighthouse, a 25 m (82 ft) wood tower, was destroyed by a hurricane in August 1856. Located on a small cay about 8 km (5 mi) northwest of the entrance to the Bahía de Cárdenas. Site and tower closed. ARLHS CUB-013; CU-0182; Admiralty J4879; NGA 12648.
Cayo Diana (7?)
Date unknown (station established 1847). Active; focal plane 15 m (49 ft); white flash every 8 s. 12 m (39 ft) skeletal tower, painted white. 1-story masonry keeper's house. No photo available, but Google has a satellite view. The first light, on a mast, was destroyed by an 1856 hurricane, and the second was lost during the Spanish-American War. The present light replaced a 9.5 m (31 ft) skeletal tower built in 1931 along with the keeper's house. Located on a small cay in the center of the entrance to the Bahía de Cárdenas. Accessible only by boat. Site status unknown. CU-0178; Admiralty J4881; NGA 12660.
Cayo Cruz del Padre (Faro Hernan Cortés) (2)
1862 (Armando de Velasco). Active; focal plane 25 m (82 ft); white flash every 7 s. 25 m (82 ft) square cylindrical concrete skeletal tower surrounding and rising above a 15 m (49 ft) round cylindrical stone light tower, all attached to a 1-story stone Spanish keeper's house. The original lantern remains on the old tower, and a concrete seawall surrounds the station. A photo appears at right, and Google has a satellite view. Huelse has a historic postcard view (misidentified on the card as Cayo Piedra) that shows the original appearance of the lighthouse. The skeletal extension was added in 1982. The light marks the northernmost point of Cuba and warns mariners from the numerous cays off the north coast of Matanzas. Accessible only by boat. Site and tower closed. ARLHS CUB-037; CU-0245; Admiralty J4886; NGA 12672.
Cayo Cruz del Padre Light
Cayo Cruz del Padre Light, Matanzas, 2012
photo copyright CosasDeBarcos.com; permission requested

Villa Clara Province Lighthouses
Cayo Bahía de Cádiz
1862 (Armando de Velasco). Active; focal plane 54 m (177 ft); three white flashes every 15 s. 49 m (161 ft) cast iron tower with lantern and double gallery, painted in a black and white checkered-stripe pattern (similar to the second Cape Henry, Virginia, lighthouse). 1-story keeper's houses. A blogger has posted black and white photos, and Bing has a satellite view. Cuba's second tallest lighthouse, this light appears to be a sibling of the Faro Paredón (see below). The cast iron was imported from England. A 1927 photo and and a second historic photo show that the tower was formerly painted all white. David Allester and Eileen Quinn visited here in May 2004, and the military commander gave them a tour of the lighthouse. Located in the Archipiélago de Sabana off northwestern Villa Clara. Accessible only by boat. Site status unknown. ARLHS CUB-015; CU-0246; Admiralty J4888; NGA 12676.
Cayo del Cristo
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 15 m (49 ft); white flash every 10 s. 12 m (39 ft) square skeletal tower atop a square base. No photo available, but Google has a satellite view. Located on a cay about 10 km (6 mi) north of Isabela de Sagua. Site status unknown. Admiralty J4896; NGA 12688.
Cayo Fragoso
Date unknown (station established 1930). Active; focal plane 21 m (69 ft); white flash every 15 s. 18 m (59 ft) square pyramidal skeletal tower, painted white. No photo available, but Bing has a satellite view. It's not known whether the present light is the original. Cayo Fragoso is the largest barrier island of the Sabana-Camaguëy Archipelago north of Caibarién. Located at the northwestern end of the cay. Accessible only by boat. Site status unknown. CU-0284; Admiralty J4900; NGA 12716.
Cayo Francés (2)
Date unknown (station established 1883). Active; focal plane 10 m (33 ft); white flash every 10 s. 9 m (30 ft) round white concrete tower. No photo available, but Bing has a satellite view. The original lighthouse was described as a "white building with crane." Located on a small cay at the entrance to the port of Caibarién. Accessible only by boat. Site status unknown. ARLHS CUB-021; CU-0285; Admiralty J4902; NGA 12736.

Information available on lost lighthouses:

  • Cabo Pepe (1931-1944), Isla de la Juventud. See above under Carapachibey.

Notable faux lighthouses:

Adjoining pages: North, Eastern Florida and the Keys | East: Eastern Cuba | South: Cayman Islands

Return to the Lighthouse Directory index | Ratings key

Posted 2003. Checked and revised November 18, 2017. Lighthouses: 34. Site copyright 2017. Russ Rowlett and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.