[nafex] Apple sauce production

Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9146/15/_/423498/_/968774254/

After spending a full weekend making and canning applesauce in (10? qt.
pots), one small batch at a time, my wife has asked me to ask if there are
recipies available for bigger batches?  She cores and peels the apples, puts
a little water in the bottom of a pot, and slowly cooks the apples down.  She
adds sugar to taste when the apple have almost completely turned to asuce.
Two complaints are the tendency of the applesauce to burn if not constantly
stirred (we use aluminum pots for cooking, although we ended up  also using
crock pots and although small, they seemed to work fine), and the tendency
for the sauce to separate after it has been sealed.  Does anyone have any
suggestions, leads on equipment for making larger batches than 10 qt pots,
and tips on keeping the sauce from separating after it has been canned?
Maybe it would be a good thing to make an article for Pomona.  Thanks for
your replies in advance.  Chris Patterson