[nafex] Mislabeled trees

Having eaten serveral large purple plums  off 2 trees I purchased from
Millers in May 96 I have concluded they are not the promised Green Gage.
Perusing their catalog   Stanley and Fellemberg  are the most likely
substitutes though I suppose a nursery as large as Millers would have
uncataloged varieties that might end up in a surplus sale.  I suspect
Fellemburg because it is larger than other Italian type prunes I have seen
and a definite purple.  I don't mind the deceit for the plums pass my taste
test  but I had some grafts take on myrolobean rootstock last spring and
would like to dispurse them to  others.
Likewize with a 20 deg frost predicted the night before last I picked the
last 50 or so  peaches off a tree, also May 96, but this time from Gurneys
labeled Reliance.  It's mate from the surplus sale  labeled Hale Haven  was
ripe at the end of August although their catalog gives the opposit ripening
order.  Both pass my taste test, but I have made many attempts to graft the
supposed Reliance, but will now try  with the earlier tree.
Earlest killing frost by about a month in the four years I have been in my
cottage,but fall gold and autumn bliss which have just started appear to be
OK as are my fall crop of tristar strawberries.      JVH  southern NH

as low as 0.0% Intro or 9.99% Ongoing APR and no annual fee!
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9331/15/_/423498/_/970315756/