RE: [nafex] Non-apple inquiry

Thanks for your response Mr. Bunny.  We are located in eastern Ontario,
Canada zone 5.  I wish I could say that we receive consistently good snow
coverage but unfortuneately our winters vary considerably from year to
year - last year we had virtually no snow - very hard on our garlic.  I
guess you could say our planting would be of a commercial endeavour but
small by commercial standards - we plan on both selling and processing the
fruit.  We plan on mulching everything that we plant.  We also plan on
planting in sheltered spots.  I realize that blackberries will require the
most winter protection and that all require acidic soil.

I am most interested in finding Canadian sources (nurseries) which sell most
of these berry bushes/plants.  I realize taste is subjective, however I am
seeking the impressions of anyone wishing to provide their commentary on
varieties.  We are interested in doing small plantings of a wide variety of
fruit.  This year we planted four different varieties of Saskatoons (aka
Serviceberry or Juneberry), Evans cherries and three varieties of
elderberry.

So, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Gord Hawkes
Log Cabin Orchard
Osgoode, Ontario, Canada eh?