[nafex] Re: Macoun

When I said that I'd been 'observing' them for 5 years most of you
probably assumed that I had been observing the blossoms also but I
must confess I haven't.  In answer to your question then jim, I don't
remember whether or not they were blooming normally, I will check
this next spring.
There are only two other trees nearby that might pollinate the late
blooming Macoun- Prairie Spy and apparently Liberty, (although I'm
not sure if Liberty is a mid season bloomer.) Macoun is the only late
bloomer in the orchard so I'm wondering if it might benefit from
another pollenizer.
Kevin

> Kevin, in NY Macoun is about as productive as McIntosh if well-
managed,
> but Macoun can go biennial at the flick of an eyelash.  Are your
Macouns