[nafex] apple storage

A little trick I learned this year for storing apples for personal use:  I've always used an old refrigerator to keep eating apples into the winter, putting them in heavy plastic bags (big ones 13x18" used by our blueberry customers) but by this time of year they were only so-so;  this year before putting on ties I sucked the air out of the bags.  Still eating Jonathan, crisp, no brown spot.  Also Jonagold, Spigold.  Even Shensu, though mellow, are still juicy.

Mark, RI, zone 6

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

www.