[nafex] SFF Meeting 2001

Dear Group,

     The Southern Fruit Fellowship (SFF), like NAFEX, has now firmed up its
plans for the annual meeting.  Originally planned for Sarasota, the site is
now Tallahassee, Florida.  The dates are June 21-23.  The home base is the
Quality Inn, 2020 Apslachee Parkway in Tallahassee, phone 850-877-4437 for
Thursday and Friday rooms (Saturday, optional).  These rooms are $57.00 plus
tax per night.  There is a registration fee of $20.00 which will cover
amenities during lectures and a box lunch.  Our banquet will be Friday night
and out of pocket at a local restaurant (don't worry, it will be cheap since
A.J. Bullard selected it).

     We will have Friday AM lectures at the Quality Inn including topics
such as Mangos (with many varieties to sample), Mulberry and Chinese Che,
Bunch Grapes, Peaches, Persimmons and cold-hardy Citrus.  We will have field
trips both Friday afternoon and Saturday with additional lectures on site.
We will be touring Just Fruits Nursery, a bunch grape research station and
the stone fruit research station at Adapolgus.  Our post-banquet speaker
will be Gerald Krewer.  There will be a ladies tour with a stop at Havana,
Fl for lunch and to visit historical sites and antique shops. A.J. reminds
everyone to bring their musical instruments for his usual jam session.  The
entire program will be outlined in the upcoming SFF newsletter.  We hope
some of you can attend either this meeting, the NAFEX meeting in Oregon, or
both.

                              Regards, Ethan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l3joGB/DMUCAA/4ihDAA/VTJVlB/TM