[nafex] Grapes: protection from critters

I have a canadice grape in its third year, and it looks like it may
fruit this year.  If it cooperates, I plan to let it grow one or two
clusters.  But my little suburban backyard is graced with a wide
assortment of animal pests - I've seen red & gray squirrels, chipmunks,
possums, mice, skunks, deer, fox, and innumerable birds.  I think we
have raccoons, too.

I've heard of growing grapes inside plastic soda bottles for
protection.  Has anyone tried this?  Does is work?  At what point do you
put the buds/flowers/young fruit into the bottle?  Do you support the
bottle on the trellis?  Is it important to use a clear bottle?

Thanks,
Ginda
eastern Mass., zone 6