From: "Bernie Nikolai" <Nikolai@v-wave.com>
To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 7:05 PM
Subject: [nafex] Spray N Grow/ Sonic Bloom

: Hi Helene,
:         Spray N Grow and Sonic Bloom are two distinctly different products,
: made by two totally different companies.  I've tried both of them (I told
: you I was a sucker for this kind of experimentation).  Spray N Grow is as
: you described, a catalyst that turns the water a gold colour and is supposed
: to greatly enhance the ability of the plant to take up nutrients.  Sonic
: Bloom is a seaweed-like product, dark brown in colour, that to me was very
: similar/identical in smell to other seaweed products I have tried.  You can
: see a picture of it on the "Sonic Bloom homepage".  A Sonic Bloom home kit
: with what appears to be about 8 ounces of the product, a pump, hand sprayer,
: and a cassette tape sells for $69 US (about $105 Canadian) plus shipping.
: Spray N Grow did nothing at all in tests on my trees that I could see.  I
: tried it for two years in a row.  I am aware a few commercial orchardists
: use it, but many others think the product is "snake oil".  My results
: indicate the latter.  I certainly don't mean to be negative, and I'm all for
: experimentation.  Its just that "I calls em as I sees em".  Neither product
: worked as advertised for me, and so from my experience, I'd never recommend
: them, unless someone else wanted to try going in with their eyes wide open
: as an experiment.  As the old saying goes, "the best fertilizer is the
: footprints of the orchardist".
: Bernie Nikolai
: Edmonton, Alberta
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
: ------------------LIST GUIDELINES----------------------
:
: 1) Please sign your posting.  Include climate and location information if
relevent.
: 2) Attached files will be stripped from your messages.  Post attachments on the
www.YahooGroups.com website.
: 4) Include only pertinent comments/questions when replying to a posting and NOT
the entire message (especially if the initial posting was large).
:
:
: