[nafex] Re: New Chat Line?

Whatever we decide ultimately about the location of this list, I
think we need some way to have a backup of the membership list, and
ideally some backup of the "archive".  Whatever service we have may
be interupted, and I would hate to have this list be down for very
long.

Thanks,

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6

--- In nafex@y..., "Dr. Ethan Natelson" <natelson@p...> wrote:
> Dear Group,
>
>      Greg Miller asks for direction from the Nafex Board regarding
the chat
> line issue.  As I implied earlier, most of us on the Board are
somewhat
> perplexed by the degree of paranoia and obsession that appears to
exist over
> the need to immediately change the sponsor.  Nevertheless, we all
must
> recognize that the recent unrest in the palace is detracting from
the useful
> purpose of this chat format, and I do not think we need a formal
vote to
> document this.
>
>      The Board has always supported a laisser-faire approach to
the "list"
> since Greg has done such a fine job with it, without our
interference.  Lon
> and many others have commented that they belong to several such
lists.  I do
> myself. My suggestion is that we take advantage of the offer to set
up
> another like chat line on the "university" tab, as Lon has
suggested.  Those
> that wish to subscribe to this one would be provided with the
information
> and sign on through the present NAFEX chat line.
>
>      If he would be willing, Greg would keep the present list open
so that
> we would have a chance to evaluate the new sponsor and see if the
grass is
> really greener on the other side of the fence.  I think if NAFEX is
not
> involved financially, we (the Board) will not be tempted to try to
dictate
> policy, in any way. It may be that this will be an interim step, if
we
> eventually are in a position to establish a format through the NAFEX
> website.  Hopefully, we can let Lon and Greg discuss this "off
line" so that
> we can get back to some of my favorite topics like what kind of
road kill
> best attracts flies to pawpaws.
>
>                                     Regards, Ethan

Buy Stock for $4