Re: [nafex] New Chat Line?

When I voted I assumed it was a poll to assess how many were troubled with Yahoo
technically.  Now I feel uneasy that I even voted.   My vote as a nafex member and news
subscriber is in no way equal to Lon Rombough's or anyone else who has put so much more
effort into the nafex organization than I have.

I do not believe in democracy [except in political voting booths].  There is no such thing as
equality.  This is particularly true when so much of the hard work has been done by few
benefitting many.  Lon has written enough articles to keep the Pomona valid, because the
Pomona quarterly editors have consistently had a problem getting enough article submissions.

Lon and mIEKAL have just made a well thought out recommendation, and there have got to be excellent reasons to contradict them.  I don't see
excellent reasons.- do you?
I'm not sure if I understand Ethan's statement:
>      If he would be willing, Greg would keep the present list open so that
> we would have a chance to evaluate the new sponsor and see if the grass is
> really greener on the other side of the fence.
Is Ethan suggesting running the list simultaneously through the two servers?  If this helps us ''look before we leap'' and if this helps us do what
we ought to do, then it seems useful.

The issue isn't whether many of us are bothered by Yahoo technically, the issue is Lon is, and
I want to be sensitive to his need in this and expedite to the recommended server
immediately.  Also, Lon I want to thank you again for all the articles you've put into the
Pomona.  The Pomona is a real recreation for my mind and recreation is a real need.  Also, we need you on this list Lon and if we're afraid of
changing server we're just going to overcome our fear because we need you.

Are we being sensitive to Lon's needs in this situation?

Charles Paradise
Concord Massachusetts zone 5ish.

"Lon J. Rombough" wrote:

  Dear Greg & the rest of the board:
      I just want to repeat that I don't WANT to leave the NAFEX list, but I
  am fed up with not being able to do anything about my Yahoogroups
  membership.  The spam is getting worse all the time, to the extent that I
  get stuff that isn't even in English now.  It may be too late to do much,
  but if I can't fix the membership, the only thing left seems to be to leave
  Yahoo.  I don't WANT to cause a fuss, which is why I tried to find a new
  home for the list that would be agreeable to everyone.  I think I found a
  good place, but if the list won't go there, what is left ?
  -Lon Rombough

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.