[NAFEX] Global Warming/Plum curculio

I almost envy Claude in that "global warming" is causing him to have plum
curculio infestations.  Here in Alberta, we have had the 3rd coldest March
in 125 years of record keeping.  Followed by the 5th coldest April in 125
years of record keeping and the coldest in over 50 years.  As I write we are
forcasting 3 cms of fresh snow, a high of +4C (40F)and a low of -6C (20F).
Our normal is a high of +16C (62F) and a low of +2C, (36F).  Many days over
the last 2 1/2 months have been 20F or colder BELOW normal.  Our low
temperatures for the day are routinely within striking distance of 125 year
all time low temperature records.  All trees are still completely dormant
and I could easily collect scionwood if I wanted to.  Last weekend I tried
to move a few one year whips at the orchard, only to find the ground was
frozen solid 6 inches under the surface!  Even the "oldtimers" do not recall
a spring as remotely cold and late as this one, so for anyone with "global
warming problems", kindly send the excess heat up here to Alberta.
Bernie Nikolai
Edmonton, Alberta
normally zone 3/2 but feels this spring like zone 0