[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Steve Diver: Black soldier fly larvae for organic waste bioconversion
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Steve Diver: Black soldier fly larvae for organic waste bioconversion
- From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 11:13:40 -0700
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Organization: http://market-farming.com -- Venaura Farm
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:23:38 -0600
Reply-To: Sustainable Agriculture Network Discussion Group
Sender: Sustainable Agriculture Network Discussion Group
From: Steve Diver <steved@NCAT.ORG>
Subject: Black soldier fly larvae for organic waste bioconversion
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Black soldier fly larvae for organic waste bioconversion
Dr. Paul Olivier with Engineering, Separation and Recycling LLC in Louisiana shared resources on black soldier fly larvae on the U.S.
Compost Countil List.... USCC.
The Bio-Conversion of Putrescent Wastes with Black Soldier Fly Larvae http://www.esrla.com/brazil/frame.htm
Interestingly, he is author of.....
The Universe is One, Towards a Theory of Knowledge and Life by Paul A. Olivier http://www.amazon.com
A collection of resources on BSF were posted on USCC in June 2003:
USCC Web Email Archives http://mailman.cloudnet.com/pipermail/compost/
2003-June Archives by Subject http://mailman.cloudnet.com/pipermail/compost/2003-June/subject.html
Jacky Foo with Integrated Biosystems Network of IOBB hosted an electronic workshop on BSF. See the papers and discussion at:
Black Soldier Fly and Waste Recycling/Management http://segate.sunet.se/archives/et-jizo.html
Here is the agenda with papers:
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 18:43:35 +0200 Sender: Insect Larvae in Organic Waste Recycling & Management <ET-JIZO @ SEGATE.SUNET.SE> From:
List-administrator <foo@MUIENR.AC.UG> Subject: Papers for e-discussion http://segate.sunet.se/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind02&L=et-jizo&H=1&O=D&P=2300
-----Original Message----- From: Jacky Foo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I am happy to announce that the following materials are now available on the web and they will serve as discussion papers for the e-workshop
(15 April to 17 May) on "Insect Larvae in Organic Waste Recycling and Management"
(1) Paul Olivier (USA). The Bio-Conversion of Putrescent Waste http://www.esrla.com/brasil/frame.htm Or http://www.esrla.com/pdf/Brazil.pdf
(2) Kevin Warburton & Vivienne Hallman (Australia). Processing of organic materials by the soldier fly, Hermetia illicens
http://www.rirdc.gov.au/reports/Ras/01-174.pdf Page 118-129
(3) Craig Sheppard (USA). Black Soldier Fly and Others for Value-Added Manure Management Abstract:
http://nespal.cpes.peachnet.edu/sustain/fly2.asp Full paper: http://nespal.cpes.peachnet.edu/sustain/ibs_conf.pdf
(4) Tran Tan Viet (Vietnam). Mass Production of Insect larvae http://www.esrla.com/tran/index.htm (under construction)
(5) Lylian Rodriguez, Siv Kong & Thomas R Preston (Cambodia). Insect larvae as recycling agents: an alternative for the conversion of
organic wastes into high quality protein
Electronic Forum on Area-Wide Integration of Specialized Crop and Livestock Production hosts a paper by Paul Olivier:
Larval Bio-conversion by Paul Olivier http://lead.virtualcentre.org/en/ele/awi_2000/particip/oliver.pdf
Animal and Dairy Science at University of Georgia hosts a paper on BSF by Newton and Sheppard.
Soldier Fly Benefits: House Fly Control, Manure Volume Reduation, and Manure Nutrient Recycling G. L. Newton, D. C. Sheppard, S. A.
Thompson, and S. I. Savage http://www.ads.uga.edu/annrpt/1995/95_311.htm
"A USDA Southern Region SARE/ACE grant (LS90-27, A Low Input Manure Management System in Animal Housing for House Fly Control, Waste
Reduction and Feed Production) supported much of the research for this report."
Steve Diver http://www.attra.ncat.org